29.11.13

DIY: Is Your New Purchase Just "Not Quite Right"?

Whilst I usually reserve my hacking-things-up skills for op shopped or handed down clothes (mainly because my skills are lacking and the risk is high), I recently bought this dress that was just crying out for a quick alteration.  It was just not quite right.  The dress was purchased mainly for its seriously cute print, but was simply unwearable (to put it lightly) with the clashing shades of green in the beads and in the print!  Really.  I just couldn't.  #fashunproblems


Before de-bead-ment
DSCF5519
DSCF5521

I put the dress on to go for brunch, packed scissors in my bag and then ordered PX to both de-bead and take photos of the result.  Doctor's orders!  He had to comply. (hahaha my favourite joke at the moment)


After de-bead-ment
Is this not far more clean and cute?  Yes, I tell you.  I mean, if it really needed beads they could be mint green, right?

DSCF5525
DSCF5522
DSCF5523
DSCF5524
DSCF5527
photos pixelpx

Dress - House of Wilde from The Annex
Sandals - Mimco from Second Time Round
Bag - vintage
Sunnies - Le Specs from General Pants



xx S
SHARE THIS POST

2 comments:

  1. Good job! The beads maybe could've been ok-ish if they weren't such a..weird colour choice? But it looks better after your decision to remove them!

    The Fashann Monster

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, much better without the beads!

    www.fashionablepeople.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.