30.11.11

Aquarius

Nothing beats a good digital print.

DSC_0917

Especially when it's by local talent - Poppy Lissiman!
(and to think, she's only a year older than S & I.  What a gun.)


If you cast your mind back to this post, then you would have already picked up on the vibe that I have a thing for Poppy's designs.  Really, I've liked them for a while now, but was blown away by her current Pantonia collection which hit the Australian fashion week circuit a few months ago.  Unfortunately we weren't able to make it to the designer collections show at PFF this year...  

Anyway, I've had my eye on this top in this print for a good 3 months now.  It's my official post-good-exam-results-present-to-myself (no... that other stuff from the S&B sale didn't count).  As cranky-liscious as I look in the photos below, I actually do love the top, and cannot wait to debut it somewhere!  

Photos are by my little brother - the newest member of my family to be sucked into an interest for photography.  The raging hipster kid has already started a tumbr.  I wish I was that cool when I was fifteen.  

Wearing: Pistol Tunic in Tank Print by Poppy Lissiman
DSC_0897DSC_0892
DSC_0908
DSC_0916
Excuse the livedo reticularis legs.  It was cold despite the bright sunshine!


"Pistol Tunic" in Tank print - Poppy Lissiman
Denim shorts - thrifted Guess
"Clubmaster" sunglasses - RayBan
Necklaces (two worn together) - DIYed (see this post)
Watch - Longines


Although it isn't silk (and therefore has a mind of its own thanks to static electricity), I'm pretty sure the eye-catching print and floaty dipped-hem makes up for it!  FYI, the print has also been reincarnated into a selection of dresses and skirts, some complete with fringing and electro-pop-hued lace.  If you haven't already seen the photos from the Pantonia campaign, Poppy's got a few other cool prints on rotation as well - perfect for some print-on-print clashing.


xx T


P.S. Poppy's new store Poppy Lissiman Addition also just opened in Claremont last Friday - I highly recommend you go there to have a browse...
SHARE THIS POST

8 comments:

  1. Oh man, that print is amazing!! I'll definitely be checking out this collection now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a great print, love these pictures of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting! i approve :D

    ciao from italy! :)
    http://guendastoptoptips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pattern of that shirt ... you styled it so well!

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your top! Somehow it makes me feel like having a vacation!

    Ash :o)
    ftashion
    Enter our Christmas giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow amazing, I love that print! Loving this blog ladies! I also wish I had discovered Tumblr at 15 haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The necklace is totally glowing like you wanted in the right side of the split shot. Mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete

We take time to read each and every comment - thanks for visiting Le.Fanciulle!

Le.Fanciulle. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.